Saturday, June 11, 2011

Getting Started

Yes I do ramble.  Sometimes I feel I have so much to say and not enough time to say it.  I also like to zone out in my thoughts.  At least that's what my kids keep telling me. 

As you may have guessed, I am a Grandma and I love it.  I have also recently retired and I am loving that too!  Now you may be thinking, is she crazy to retire with this economy?  Yes I am but you only live once and I plan on enjoying myself.  I live on the tightest budget you could ever imagine but I don't want for anything.  Since I retired, it has been the opinion of many people that I would be bored.  Yeah right! 

I do love to make handmade.  I have two shops on line.  One is glass tile pendants and one is knitting and crocheting.  If you would like to take a peek I would be thrilled and if you don't want to take a peek, I am still thrilled that you stayed here with me.

Knitting is my passion.  I knit or crochet every day of the year.  There is something about the feel of the yarn and the magnificent colors.  It so relaxes me.  It never ceases to amaze me how something so beautiful can be made from a ball of yarn. 

I stumbled upon making glass tile pendants.  My goodness is it addicting.  I am having so much fun with this craft.  Just finding the right pictures and sayings is a hoot.  I sell at craft fairs and by word of mouth.  I find people still like to touch and see in person an item before they buy it.  Between the 2 shops, I keep pretty busy. 

I also have a passion for yard sales and flea markets.  I just love digging thru stuff and finding that one treasure that I can't live without.  Years ago my garage was full to the brim.  (I could have been on Extreme Hoarders).  I use to rent space in shops but not any more.   I have since gotten rid of most of my treasures and the car is now safely tucked away in the garage.  I usually purchase things that I need for myself now.

I do hope you stop by again.  I would love to chat about extreme couponing or lack thereof next time.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE extreme couponing! What a great introduction. I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete